Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Hummingbird Beauty

When I first moved to the States, the first bird that capture my attention was the hummingbird. I never saw them while growing up in Indonesia. I am fascinated by their beauty and ability to fly so fast.

So, needless to say, I am excited when I saw this new release beauty from Crafter's Companion Sheena Laguna collection. As you know, I love using bird image on my card.


Supplies: Crafter's Companion Tropical Nectar,
Spectrum Noir: BT2, GT2, GT3, IB2, IB3, IG1, TB2, TB3, TB4, TB5, OR1,
Stencil: Sheena Distress Grid

This image is so much fun to color. I mean, the color combination that you could do are endless. I chose to go all bright here. This is also one of those rare moment that I use dark purple on my card. :) I find purple as one of those hard color to work with. Luckily, I think it works well here.

I sure hope they'll come out with more gorgeous bird stamp in the future. What's your favorite image to work with when you creating? Is there particular image that you find yourself drawn to again and again? Would love to hear your thoughts on this!

Be back tomorrow with new sketch challenge from My Favorite Things!

2 comments:

Shelly said...

Beautiful!

Tami said...

Gorgeous Hummingbird! I find I'm drawn to flowers & birds for my cards. I also love the little critters (e.g., lawn fawn & mama elephant). Thanks so much for all your awesome posts!

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...