Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Painted Flower Jar

So, since I am catching the watercolor bug, I have more watercolor card to share with you. This one is one of my favorite. Using the stuff I learned from the class makes me feel like an artist! ;) I think this class is one of the best one so far.

Here's my painted flower jar card. It's so relaxing to do this. Yes, it takes longer and yep,  the card will only go to someone who could appreciate it,  but it's so fun!


For this card I used the mason jar from Paper Smooches Crystal Clear set and the flowers from Wplus9 Fresh Cut Florals and More Fresh Cuts (the sentiment also from this set). To color the jar and flowers I used combination of Memento ink pads and Kuritake ZIG Clean Color Real Brush (awesome watercolor marker  by the way). And, a little enamel dot couldn't hurt, right? This enamel dot is from Doodlebug Sprinkles Swimming pool assortment. All supplies (except for the Kuritake brush) are from i {heart} papers.

I just bought a new watercolor pad, so I'll have plenty of paper to practice on. Hope you're enjoying my current obsession with watercolor. Thank you for stopping by here and may your Wednesday be a great one! 

6 comments:

melania deasy said...

Very beautiful card Vera!! Amazing job!!

AJ said...

Vera- this is beautiful!!! I signed up for the class and am SO behind! :( Need to catch up- where did you get the watercolor marker?

Lalo said...

So pretty!!!

Kara said...

so pretty!!

Trinh said...

This is beautiful, Vera! I'm having fun with the watercolor class too.

Bethany Stellpflug said...

this is beautiful Vera! :D I love the colors!

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...