Friday, January 24, 2014

Something New

This week, I am so happy that my joy for card making has returned. For a while there, I kind of lost the joy and my mojo went to hiding. 

Luckily, after giving myself time to not worry about blogging every single day and just enjoy other things, including browsing Pinterest for all kind of stuff, my mojo came back with new energy. :) I've been having lots of fun making projects for submission.

Now, I've been wanting to try playing with the embossing paste. Then, thanks to Pinterest I saw the recipe to make your own embossing paste. So, I decided to give it a try and low and behold it works!! It even has a nice smell because I use Johnson's baby powder as one of the ingredient.

Then, while browsing at Michael's I found this new Mod Podge mold and glue stick that I saw back at CHA2013 and thought it was so darn cool. I am so excited that it finally here. Well, it might have been here for a while, but this was the first time I saw it at the store. 

Let's look at the card, so you know what I am  talking about. 


Most of the  materials come from i {heart} papers. The stripe paper is from Echo Park Bundle of Joy Girl 6x6 paper pad. The sentiment is from Avery Elle Laurels set and the sparkly gold sequins also from i {heart} papers. BTW... a little bit of enabling, there's some sale going on at i {heart} papers. Check it out and replenish your stash.

You see the white flower on  the tag? That's made of the embossing paste. I create my own template by cutting the flower bloom using Silhouette, then swipe the embossing paste over it. Then, the butterfly is made of hot glue gun stick. For this, you have to use the hot temp glue gun. Squeeze the melting glue into the mold, let it dry and then color it.

I love all  the texture and dimension on this card. I only made a small batch of the embossing paste (I used empty embossing powder container as storage) and it goes a long way. This weekend I plan to play more with it.

My heart is definitely happy that my joy in card making has coming back. Hope you have a great Friday and for you in the path of the snow storm, please stay warm and safe. Cheers.... 

2 comments:

Shelly said...

This is so pretty! :) And I love the fact you made your own embossing paste...very cool! I may just have to search out that recipe! ;) Thanks for sharing and Happy Friday!

Julie C. said...

This is such a beautiful card! Can you share the recipe for making your own embossing paste? I'd love to give that a try! ^_^

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...