Monday, September 16, 2013

Stamping Weekend

This past Saturday, I had the pleasure of crafting with Angi Barrs. She and her daughter, Rachel, came all the way from  the Woodlands to my neck of the wood and we had so much fun chatting and crafting. While we're crafting, Rachel who loves dogs, keep my puppies entertained. :)

Of course, you know how it is when you're crafting with friend. You tend to chat more then doing the actual crafting. Oh yes, we even sneak in a trip to Michael's after lunch.

Here's a peek of me and Angi creating.

Angi working on her layout.

Please ignore the messy desk behind me. ;)

At the end of the night, we actually did completed some project. Angi finished a card, a layout and another half done layout. I completed 2 cards. Here's one of the card:


At first, my plan was just stamped the herringbone background with versamark. But, looking at it I feel that it looked too plain. So, I gently remove the tag and added color to the herringbone pattern using pastel to add the color gradient. Then put the tag back.

And, for some extra embellishment I added some glitters. The brad is courtesy of Angi from her My Mind's Eye stash. Another added benefit of crafting with a friend, you can raid each other stash. :)

Angi, thank you so much for making the drive down. I had so much fun!! Well, that's it from me today, creative peeps. Thanks so much for stopping by here. May your Monday starts off fabulously! 

5 comments:

Trinh said...

Oh I wish I could have been there! I'm sure there were lots of laughs along with the free-flowing creativity. And I love the gradient effect on your pretty card, Vera!

Michelle said...

Sounds like you had a ton of fun! Your card turned out awesome! Love the look that you achieved with the herringbone. Beautiful!

Kris B said...

Your card is lovely! Sounds like you had a fun time!

Unknown said...

Love the change in color!!!

Angi Barrs said...

I had sooo much fun Vera! Rachel wants a pug now! She so enjoyed playing with your fur babies.

We must get together again soon. I'm working on a layout of our scrappy day! I will have it on my blog soon.

Hugs to ya my friend!!!

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...