Thursday, October 25, 2012

PTI Blog Hop

                                    Blog-hop-logo



I am excited that I get to join this month PTI blog hop. Things been so hectic the past few months that I kept missing the hop. Luckily, to my delight, last night I did have some mojo & time to create a card for this month non-traditional holiday color scheme challenge hop. I chose to use this combination.


And, here's my Christmas card. I have to say the sentiment from Stylish Sentiments Holiday set is my favorite  to use for holiday card. I simply color the sentiment with my ZIG & American Crafts marker to get this look. Yep... my old ZIG marker from my early scrapbooking day works well with stamping. They're oldie but goody (some of them I have for over 10 years now).



I don't have Aqua Mist color, so I use Mememento Blue Sky instead. I kind of surprise with the refreshing color result of this combo. Might have to try this combo again. :)

I know you have lots of blog to hop to, so I am keeping this short. Oh, just in case, if you're looking for a place to send your holiday cards, please consider to send in your card to Caring Hearts Card Drive. I am collecting holiday cards for the elderly that lives in nursing homes. You can find all the details HERE.

Have a  fantastic day everyone!

24 comments:

Kelly Griglione said...

Beautiful, great use of the colors!!

Anita Rex said...

Oh I love this card! SO stunning! You worked with those colors so well, this sentiment looks so good in so many colors!

andie smith. said...

i really love how you masked and inked the sentiment in different colors! i might have to try that!

Ruth G said...

Lots of energy in your card! I'm glad you tried these colors because you really created such a lively card with them! TFS!

pamela said...

I love the different colors in the sentiment!

chillin with Quillin said...

very nice, love how you did the sentiment!!!
Paula

Rhonda said...

Love all the white space. So clean and pretty.

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful Vera, love your colours.

Maria said...

Super cute card

Marybeth said...

Very pretty card , Vera. I love the cause and I will look into the CARING HEARTS card drive. Sounds wonderful!

Piali said...

Lovely card Vera!!

Nancy Penir said...

Your colors worked great together. Such a fresh look to your card.

Joyce said...

This is gorgeous. I love how you used multiple colors in your sentiment.

maria f. said...

So very pretty. The "b" on the sentiment kinda looks like it's flying so your dove is the perfect addition. And that is a cool color combo (they all were I thought).

Michelle said...

What a very pretty card, Vera! I love that sentiment also. :-)

Sue Lelli said...

Vera, LOVE how you stamped the sentiment in various colors! FAB card!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the colors in the sentiment!!

Veronica Z said...

Vera, your card is SO pretty! I love how the color pops!

LEG Studios said...

Great job coloring your sentiment. The result is fabulous!

Susan F. said...

Ooh, pretty.

Loly Borda said...

Beautiful Vera, the colors and the sentiment are perfect.

victoria h said...

fab card - love the colouring of your sentiment.

Meredith MacRitchie said...

This is so SO pretty, and I love how you coloured the sentiment - it turned out so perfect!

Greta said...

Love how you used this pretty color combo!

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...