Saturday, June 25, 2011

Flower Stamp & Me

As much as I  love flower stamps, I come to the conclusion that flowers especially when they're large size is simply not my forte. For our last day of pairing up, Kelly and I use Hero Arts Delicate Blossom.

Oh my goodness, I was about to give up last night and email Kelly that I want to cancel today's challenge. I was so frustrated and ruined 4 cards, before I finally okay with my card. Didn't help that those fine embossing powder kind of fell on my desk all over. Yep... I was so annoyed with myself last night.


Well, here's the card.


I mean, the image is gorgeous and I saw many beautiful creations using this same stamp, and it frustrated me when I have the idea in my head and it just wouldn't translate in reality. At first, I was going for watercolor technique, but the colors just didn't reach the depth that I want. With my fingers all messy from the colors and fine embossing powder irritated me, those works get tossed in the trash.

I end up using vellum, embossed the flowers, color them with distress ink, and fussy cut them. Almost ditch this, too as when I cut it, some of the embossing flake off. I told myself to just calm down and keep cutting. There should be a way to cover the part where the embossing flake off. :)

Yep, by over lap the flower a bit and using Rangers white enamel to trace the flake off area. So... flower & me... love the flowers..., but seriously a challenge for me. Anyway, after the card and a major desk cleaning, I'm a happy camper again. :)

Oh by the way, for those who likes good deals, at Old Navy today and tomorrow only, all their ribbed tank top only $2 each! It's summer and you can't have too many tank top. Time to stock up in all the colors. I saved their ads because it's awesome for color inspirations. See below.


What do you think? Fun & cheerful color combo? Well peeps, thank you for stopping by and I wish you all a super duper great weekend!

3 comments:

Barb said...

Vera, I have crafty moments like that all the time. I must say that this is one of the prettiest cards I've seen using these poppies! It's so gorgeous! I love the way you've cut them out and placed them on the card! Beautifully done. . .so glad you stuck with it and didn't give up! :)

Kelly Latevola said...

i'm so sorry you had such a hard time :( I'm really glad you stuck it out though because it's beautiful! I always forget to use other materials I have, and I have big stash of untouched vellum.You have inspired me to break it out now! Thank you so much for playing along with me this week, I had a wonderfully good time :)

Jennifer Rzasa said...

I love the colors of your card, it's so pretty! Sorry to hear about your frustrations in making it, but I'm glad to see that there is a good deal on tank tops! Have a great week :)

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...