Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Pink

Pink, pink, pink! That's my theme for today. :) Since October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, Digital Doodles dedicated this week challenge with pink theme. For my card, I used Digital Doodles Home Sweet Home, Banner Bird, and Song Bird.

Challenges:
Wild Orchid - pastels
Corrosive Challenges - no white paper
Penny's Paper-Crafty - so long as it flies

This card is for my mom. My family & home in Jakarta has been in my mind a lot lately, so this card kind of symbolized that. The bird flying with the banner is me wanting to fly home.

I've been searching for good ticket price for weeks now. The ticket could be reasonable, but once they added the tax, that's where it goes crazy. Seriously, the tax is 1/3 of the ticket price. Still praying for some miracle that I can find one good deal, so I can be home for Christmas. I haven't been able to come home during Christmas since 1997. Sigh... the downfall of living on the other side of the world.

Don't forget to check out all the Digital Doodles DT projects here! Also, if you want to sign up for Caring Hearts Blog Hop this Saturday, 10/23/10, please email me you name & blog address. There's $25 GC prize from Wplus9 stamp company!! Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful day.

10 comments:

~amy~ said...

Such a fabbie pink-alicious card Vera!

Sandy Ang said...

Such a sweet card !

Kathy (krolski) said...

Your card is adorable Vera!! I hope you get to go home for Christmas!

Lin said...

What a sweet card, especially now that you explained the symbolism of it. It's so hard not seeing family, isn't it. I hope you'll find a flight home soon!

Alice said...

awww... this is so so sweet, Vera. i know how difficult it could be to find good ticket price during holiday season(i am from Taiwan). hope you can find something reasonable and be able to visit your family soon! =)

Barb said...

Hi Vera. I am so hoping and praying that you are able to go home for Christmas! Love this sweet card with the hearts in the background! Your mom will see your love when she receives this pretty card! Hugs to you, my friend!

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful Vera! I saw you booked your ticket to go home for Xmas! Way to go Vera - so happy for you :)

Janet said...

this is so pretty! thanks for joining the corrosive challenge blog this week!
hugs

Cheryl said...

Oh I love this card! So pretty in pink.

Sarah said...

Such a pretty pink card Vera! Thank you for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge Blog this week xxx

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...