Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Simplicity

The term "less is more" that we so often applied to make-up, also works for card making. :) There's something to be said about simple design.

I think often time, the blank space provide that eye catching balance for the whole design. Like this card for example. The white space on the left side make the flower stand out more.

I stamped the flower vine first using Stampin Up! Mellow Moss color. And, I have to say I have this inkpad for years and it still works awesome. Then on scrap paper, I stamped it again using Stampin Up! Rose Red inkpad. Cut the flowers, curl the edges a bit and attached to the green vine. Add pearls to the center of flowers and glitters on the leaves. For soft shimmer, I brushed Radiant Pearl in Oyster Shell on each of the flower petals using fine brush. And voila... you're done.

And actually, after I posted this on Flickr, I decided to rounded the right corner of the card. Just one side and it really completed the card even more. Hmm... maybe one of this say I'll try to do challenge on my blog. What do you think? What would you like to see on my blog? Please share your idea. Thank you so much and hugs for you all, Vera. :)

7 comments:

Nancy said...

This is really beautiful, Vera! The elegant simplicity of the design makes it really special! Thanks so much for sharing!
blessings to you,
nancy

Lin said...

This is lovely, Vera! I seem unable to stop myself, and so I really admire this sweet card!

Lea L. said...

This is so pretty! I love the clean design, and those stamps are fab!! Great job!

♥♥♥Lea

Purple Princess said...

So pretty!!

Nancy said...

I love the simplicity of your design! Just beautiful!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Vera! Thanks again for entering the Olympics of Stamping Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

Seongsook Duncan said...

Beautiful!

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...